Sunday, February 22, 2009

"Whisky with Wodka" - Team Premiere

The hard core from left to right: Julia Smola, Me, Thomas "Lauti" Lautenbach and Guo Feng Tang - did an awesome job on 26 VFX shots for "Whisky with Wodka" (see "The Learnings";). Still missing Thomas "TK" Kaufmann, Robert Zeltsch, René Jakob, Juliane Schaloske and of course Olaf Skrzcipzyk. Had a long night at the movies, the restaurant and the bars nor got family, so it's ok ;)

Yesterday me and a part of my "WMW" team went to the team premiere of Andreas Dresen's newest movie "Whisky with Wodka", which will be released September this year. It's one of the few movies you enjoy when reading the book and being simply blown away when you see it finally in theatre. When you see all the power and love it got from the actors, the DOP and other filmmakers. It's rare that a movie feels like a big one piece at the end and gets much much bigger than in the book. So need to say it again: Congratulations Andi, Höfi, Peter and Wolfgang (we didn't met yet, just read your books ;) for this really fantastic movie.

PS: Nearly forgot it - a special congratulation for Henry Hübchen. It was a brilliant cast, but what Henry did with the bottle is outstanding. I bet it will be my favourite scene for 2009! So Henry, I didn't got to you on the premiere. I loved that scene. I saw it at least 20 times while doing post for it and I still roar with laughter, as I saw it on the big screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment